H. Jake Rodriguez
Download PDF version of bio
400 Poydras Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
Direct Line: (504) 595-5181
Telephone: (504) 523-2600
Fax: (504) 523-2705
Cell: (504) 376-4242
practice involves maritime, environmental and energy law. In over 14 years of practice, Mr. Rodriguez has developed extensive experience in the areas of pollution casualties and marine environmental regulations, collision, maritime products liability, salvage, cargo, ship construction and repair, charter and marine insurance. Mr. Rodriguez has successfully represented commercial and cruise line vessel owners, operators and charterers, as well as international and domestic marine, liability and energy underwriters, Protection and Indemnity Clubs, and energy companies ranging from single site operators to Global 500 Corporations.
Mr. Rodriguez also has significant experience in major offshore marine casualty response, having been a lead member of the Firm’s casualty/pollution response team for BP’s Thunder Horse (2005) and Deepwater Horizon response (2010). Mr. Rodriguez worked with BP from 2010 to 2014, serving concurrently as BP’s legal officer within the Gulf Coast Incident Management Team/Unified Command and as counsel to BP’s Gulf Coast Restoration Organization.
A native of New Orleans, Mr. Rodriguez attended Loyola University New Orleans where he received his B.A. in Psychology (Summa Cum Laude, 1995). He attended Loyal University of New Orleans Law School (1998-2001) where he served as a managing editor of the Loyola Law Review.
- Marine Litigation
- Energy Litigation
- Shipping and Pollution Casualties
- Environmental Regulation
- Maritime Products Liability
- Cargo and Salvage
Bars & Courts:
- Louisiana Bar, 2002
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- B.A., summa cum laude, Loyola University, 1995, Psychology
- J.D., Loyola University of New Orleans Law School, 2001
- Maritime Law Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- Contributing Editor – “Marine Oil Pollution,” Benedict on Admiralty, Vol. 3 Chapter IX, 2002-present.
- “When Your Ship is in the Bull’s Eye: The Maritime Transportation Security Act and Potential Vessel Owner Liability to Third Parties Resulting From a Terrorist Attack,” University of San Francisco Maritime Law Journal, Vol. 17, Issue 2, 2004.
- Contributing Editor – The Law of Collision, Limitation of Liability, and Oil Pollution, Tulane University School of Law, 2002-2006.
- Warren E. Mouledoux Editor-In-Chief’s Award for Outstanding Dedication and Service, 2000-2001.